Thursday, January 15, 2009

How I learned to make an Origami Frog Reflection

For this reflection I decided to learn how to make an origami frog. My first step in this process was finding a website online that would walk me through each of the steps. The website I found was very helpful. I learned that in order to make a full out frog I would have to learn one of the basic folds, a square fold. This fold is used as a basis for a number of other origami figures, so it was helpful to learn about it. After getting a hold of that, I decided to start with a flapping bird. I was amazed at how I couldn’t get it immediately. I had to sit and look at some of the pictures a number of times just because I had no clue what it was showing me to do. Finally after a couple of mistakes I created my flapping bird. I was very excited; it was time to embark on making a frog. I will admit hands up, that this one was a bit more difficult. Once again I couldn’t figure some of the pictures out, I would spend several minutes on one step because I wasn’t getting the desired result. After struggling through some steps I finally made an origami frog!
Throughout this learning experience I felt frustration, excitement, and satisfaction. There were times when I thought I should just try an easier animal to make because there was no way I could go on if I couldn’t figure out the right way to fold the paper. However, on the other hand it was exciting to see how each step led to the finished project and with each step it started looking more and more like a frog. It was very satisfying to see the final product. I think that one of the things that hindered my learning was my frustration. I was tempted to give up and try something else. Some of the things that supported my learning was trying different ways to approach it, I watched a video at one point that showed me exactly what to do and then I also asked for others opinions or for them to explain it if they understood it better then I did Overall it was a lot of fun and I can’t wait to show someone else how to make an origami frog!

No comments:

Post a Comment