Tuesday, April 7, 2009

IP&T 287 Reading Reflection

1. I read "Opposing Evil" by President Gordon B. Hinkley from the November 1975 ensign.

2. I learned that although the world is filled with a lot of filth in the media, there is still hope, we can make a choice of whether or not we will let it take over and destroy our lives. President Hinkley, before giving four ways to oppose evil, shared his optimism, hope and faith in the people in this land and others. It was a really good example to not let the evil things in the world adn media bog us down. We can shrink not and set an example within our families and communities by choosing uplifting media.

3. President Hinkley gave four ways to oppose evil. As a future parent/teacher of youth I will need to make sure I start with myself. I will make sure that I am living an honest, true, chaste, benevolent, and virtuous life. I will make sure I train a better generation for a better tomorrow. I can do this by making sure that either my students or children are surrounded by good, uplifting media. I can also set a good example of someone who has chosen to surround themselves in positive media and has been blessed because of it. Third, I can build public sentiment with a few earnest voices. It is important to stand up in your community and support that which is good. It is okay to voice your opinion on certain issues concerning the media. Play an active role in helping promote uplifting media in the community. Finally, fourth, I can enlist in the strength of God. I can put on the whole armor of God and be protected from the distruction bad media can bring. With his help I can overcome and oppose all evil.

4. I can have a positive influence on family and friends by setting a good example. I can get my strength from the Lord and stand up for what I know is right. They can see me participating in good, uplifting media, and know that I won't participate in anything that offends the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment