Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Technology Lesson

The first part of my technology lesson took place yesterday and the rest of it took place today. My lesson was on plants, their parts and their life cycle. Yesterday, March 23, we looked at the plant cycle. At the end of the lesson I had students draw and create their own plants. Their plants had to have all four parts, a root, stem, leaf and flower. To help them see how different plants can be I prepared a powerpoint that showed the huge variety that is out there. I also hoped that it would get their imaginations and creativity going. I didn't want all of their plants to look the same and they didn't, at all! Today, we learned about the life cycle of a plant. To help them get an idea and better understanding of what the different stages look like I made another powerpoint presentation of the different stages. Each slide was a stage and consisted of pictures of what the plant would look like at that point. I found that bringing out that technology and having those visual examples really motivated and captivated the students. It really helped hold their attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment